Life is messy, complicated, and often annoying... Enjoy it, it still beats being dead.






Monday, May 2, 2011

Oh The Joys Of Monday

Today I'm Betty Crocker with a slightly less 50's-ish do, cuter shoes, jeans, and a state of the art electric range.  I managed to bake a blueberry pie this morning while fielding and making phone calls for my job and then put a meatloaf, mashed potatoes, brown gravy, and veggies on the table for dinner all while putting my front-loading washer and dryer to the test. I did a TON of laundry. I tell you.... I'm a fricken miracle worker on laundry and cooking a meal that people won't turn their noses up at.  AND the best parts are, I do it while belting out rock lyrics in an extremely off key voice and with a fantastic manicure. My neighbors think I'm slightly crazy, or at least tone deaf. Ok ok, so maybe those aren't the perks.  Pie is the perk but really, don't get picky on me. 

Now here's the part where I should really entertain you with something witty or at least slightly humorous that happened this week/weekend, but really there isn't much that happened that was funny.  I'm really not feeling very funny tonight, either.  Honestly, I'm tired.  I worked my ass off today on my house and laundry, chasing down a big ass banner and screen printed t-shirts for my job, and playing southern chef extrordinaire and I didn't sleep for shit last night.  Instead I was plagued with rotten dreams of the "going to forever haunt me" variety.  Total stink.  Add to that it's still raining... big fat raindrops that have caused some major flooding in the whole damn state and have effectively cut me off from my version of semi-civilization.  I don't know the backroads which apparently the state road workers got ass-backwards on and made the higher ground, so I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to navigate my way to the current place of my obsession (Sally Beauty) let alone to the grocery store or pet store.  I'm low on doggy crunchies... which here in this house where I have two rather large canine children is dangerous and I'm officially out of French Vanilla coffeemate liquid cream to flavor my irrational love for the java bean juice. *pout* Have beans, need creamer.  Vanilla soy milk isn't the same and the rain is making me blue.

This made me giggle.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment